Another Week, More Work

This week, I focused more on my art piece for B&C, so my mastery hasn’t made much headway just yet. I’ve been researching pixel art while at home, though, so hopefully I’l soon be designing the enemies I want to, and want to at least implement one boss fight into the game we’ve created. We’ve got quite a bit created already, which pleases me. I hope it’s enjoyable once we decide to release it.

For my internship, we went over some work I had finished earlier, and talked about how I should fix it (I need to change the body text is really all there is to it, so I’m not stressed about it. I’m glad she enjoyed the majority of the images I had used.) We also talked a little about how the rebranding for the company she works for is coming along, which I found interesting. The idea’s for the logo is really cool, and I can’t wait to see what they end up doing. I do enjoy my internship, though it does leave me a bit frustrated because I do feel like I could be doing more than I am. Oh well, all I can really say is at least I have my internship and it’s still fun.

For my annotated bibs, I think the most interesting thing I’ve learned about while researching is just how much research has gone into the effects of video games. I knew that research had been done, but I never expected the sheer amount of research I had encountered. I guess it just goes to show you just how uncertain people are with games, and how interesting and deep the topic can actually be. The amount of research done certainly helps my own research, though I do think it can be somewhat repetitive and excessive. But hey, whatever makes those people happy.

I haven’t touched my website in a bit, having been focused on other work. I did change the name though, having gone from Astro Pack to Space Deviants (The logo is now a S and D together, each letter having a horn). I also changed up the color scheme, and added a page for a mastery…. I think I may have mentioned this information before, but hey now you get a refresher right? I’ll be working on my contact page soon, which is one of my barest pages. I also will actually add the information for my mastery to the senior mastery page, considering that that is kind of important to this whole process.