Infograph and Speaking

I’ll be honest, as far as infographic design goes, I was pretty lazy with it. I didn’t really know what I wanted to do with it, and struggled to start it the first day. I eventually decided to go for a simplistic design that made it look hand-drawn. I’m surprised by how decent it actually looked, and how well received it ended up being. I’m a little disappointed though, because I had to adjust something that I felt threw off my design; I had to add a white fill in one box due to a logo with black text [my infographic has a black background]. People seemed to like it though, so I guess it’s something I can excuse for now.

After I finished the infographic, I decided to learn a couple of new skills in Photoshop. For example, I learned how to use the pen tool to create paths, which is something I was completely unaware of at first. Tying into the paths, I learned how to use the fire filter it has and how to manipulate it; and then remove paths. I learned a more practical skill as well, which is to take time when it comes to projects and drawing; I try to go fast, and I’m starting to learn that going fast is not all that good when it comes to things related to art and design. For example, here is what I’m working on:

rockruff

I feel that my art has definitely improved after starting to learn speed does not equal good. I also find that sketching and then scanning it in is better for me, and makes the process at least a little easier/quicker.

I enjoyed our speakers, the SCAD speaker more-so than Jeremy. I’m glad for the fact Jeremy showed us Fiverr and Upwork, and I plan on using them to my advantage in the future. I’m also glad for some of the ‘life lessons’ he taught us. The SCAD speaker was interesting, and I’m glad I got to learn more about a school I have been planning to go to [or at least apply to] since about 7th or 8th grade. Learning about how it is at the school, and about some of the minors [which I was mostly unaware of] definitely helped me in deciding to keep it on my list of ‘colleges to apply to’. Also learning about the scholarships and the help you get when you apply eased my worries, and I’m glad for that.

One thought on “Infograph and Speaking