Finishing On Time [Kinda]

This week was calm, which was pretty unusual considering how hectic things tend to be in this school. The most exciting thing was this disaster of an election, but that’s not something I should discuss on this blog.

I finished something on time for once, technically. The time was actually extended, but I finished in that time frame! [Which I haven’t done in a bit now haha…]

I like my holiday  cards. I really enjoyed finding the fonts, and think everything goes pretty well together. I’m happy because I managed to combine some of my favorite things, especially when it comes to holidays [Tacky winter sweaters, animals, and puns!]. I think I found what my method is, and hopefully things will start becoming a bit faster after these next few projects!

I haven’t learned many new skills this week, as I’ve been focusing so much on my holiday cards. I did learn what file fonts need to be, and finally started using and figuring out the keyboard shortcuts for Illustrator! I’m hoping to find a quicker and better way to color, and I’m starting to get there at least.

I, admittedly, have not done much to actually get my job shadowing set up. I plan on calling places today or over the weekend. I guess I’m just so nervous about it? I don’t usually talk to people over the phones, and actually going out and doing things like that reminds me that soon I’ll have to brave the world.

Today we went to Digital Ink, and it was a pretty neat experience. I thought the dude was pretty silly, which made the whole trip pretty interesting. I didn’t learn anything completely new, just had somethings I already knew added onto things and some facts that are neat but most likely not important. I think the most valuable information, for me, was when he mentioned that it’s best if you find someone who isn’t completely like you to start and run a business. I plan on starting my own video game design company, and knowing that will most likely help me out later down the road.