First Blog of 2018

I was quite proud of my first semester grades! Especially when it came to my college level Psychology class. I wasn’t doing very well at the start of that class, so I didn’t think I’d be able to pass with a grade I’d be happy with. I was so happy when I saw the grade had been a B, considering how much I struggled with the class. It felt gratifying. I was also super proud that I managed to get a piece into the state fair art show — it helped me realize just how much improvement this major has allowed me to make. And I continue to improve, and thanks to this school I believe I’ll always have the motivation to do so. I honestly didn’t believe I could improve before I came here, and didn’t even try. I’m glad this school proved me wrong.

As far as mastery, I’ve been a bit stuck there. Just sketching designs, and making minor improvements to the story (i recently got back into writing more, and realized things I could do better). For the most part, I’ve been thinking of how I should work on my website and the pieces I want to put into my portfolio. I don’t think I’ll have many pieces from Junior year, since I’m not proud of a lot of them. I’ll probably use a few just to show how much improvement I’ve made since I came here.

I started my internship this week, and for the most part I’ve been learning about the company and how it brands itself. I’ve been making some minor banners and the likes for the events they have, and that is what will most likely be the majority of what I do. For the most part, it’s just been me trying to relearn to use Photoshop for things other than drawing, as that’s what I’ve been doing recently and kinda neglected the other pieces. I also learned that researching a company before going into a interview or anything is pretty much necessary; if you don’t know anything about the company, it won’t help you in the long run, it may actually make them not wish to have you.

For my infographic, the topic I’m going to do is on how the internet impacts us, and I wish to do this as the internet is a major component of the world and our social interactions, and I always wondered just how much we really are impacted by it.

The designing process has been a bit slow. I’ve got all the research, I’m just… Unsure of how I want to approach it. I know I’ll figure it out soon, but I just dislike struggling with the actual designing process. Once I get on a roll though, I’ll have it done in no time.