Characters

For my senior mastery, I’ve finally started designing the characters for the game me and Clayton are creating. Thus far, I’ve drawn and somewhat colored in one of them (only really wanted to have the colors, so I didn’t color him in all that well), the ‘leader’ of my half of the characters. Clayton and I decided to do half of the main characters each. I get three, and he gets three. He’s going to create the humans of the group, and I am creating the ‘humanoids’ of the group. Here is the main guy from the half I’m doing, who is going to be named ‘Teiyaun’:

(includes some notes about him; he will be the standard ‘warrior’ class that is usually seen in a RPG)

I am excited to finally begin the characters of the game, and am generally excited with how our progress is going as far as it goes. We also decided to name the game ‘Rewind’, based on the abilities the two mains have (it relates to time, one being able to ‘rewind’ it and the other can freeze it). I hope to design the rest of my half, some of the monsters, and the villain by the end of this month so that we can start working on the actual map design for the game.

I am not taking a major part as far as the door goes, due to a general lack of ideas. I truly can’t think of anything I can do as far as the door goes. All I can think of is designing breast cancer as some sort of monster to be defeated. Otherwise, I’ve got nothing. I don’t think my idea fits what they are trying to go for with our door design thus far, so I don’t think I’ll mention it.

As far as my logo for the SC Human Affairs Commission, I liked how mine came out. It certainly isn’t the most ‘creative’, but I do feel like it gets across what it is required to. I hope it does win, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised at this point if it didn’t. My design style isn’t exactly the type of thing people look for with logos and the like. Oh well, I think it turned out great and that’s all that matters to me as I’m starting to finally be able to like my art.